Let’s discuss about traveling to Costa Rica for medical care. Those of you who have had the privilege of visiting this wonderful country are undoubtedly anticipating what the following paragraphs will discuss. This is your introduction to a hidden gem in the heart of the Americas if you haven’t gone there yet. “Another post on the natural wonders of this small country 8 degrees north of the equator?” you may be thinking. Waterfalls, volcanoes, 800 miles of coastline with 300 magnificent beaches separating the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, rich biodiversity, and hospitable people”.
Let’s take a look at some of the many reasons why you should consider Costa Rica for your medical (corrective surgeries like orthopedic, bariatric, oncology, and so much more…the type of surgeries you’d get at a major hospital), plastic (any kind of) surgery, dental (all procedures like veneers, full mouth reconstruction, crowns, and so on), and fertility:
- Doctors, nurses, and support workers who have studied and trained at the world’s greatest institutions and hospitals.
- Doctors and support workers who speak multiple languages. Because all of your communication needs will be covered, you’ll feel completely at home.
- In many other nations the nurse-to-patient ratio is at best 1:10 vs. 1:2 in Costa Rica.
- Global Health Intelligence ranked it as the world’s second finest healthcare system.
- Bloomberg has also named it the healthiest country in Latin America.
- PROMED: A health chamber established by the Costa Rican government to alleviate the difficulties or worries of medical tourists. PROMED exists to ensure that all affiliated members provide consistent, high-quality medical and dental services to overseas patients visiting Costa Rica (no other country in the world has a “PROMED”).
- The location is ideal, with quick nonstop flights from several US cities. The same is true for medical tourists from any Latin American country, as well as from Europe. It is convenient for Americans and Canadians to be in the same time zone as their home.
- Medical facilities that fulfill the world’s top medical standards. With their JCI accreditation, several of these facilities lift the standard even further (Joint Commission International accreditation and certification is recognized as a global leader for health care quality of care and patient safety).
- Access to established medical procedures and treatments that may be unavailable in your area due to local, regional, or national laws/regulation.
- Cutting-edge technologies and facilities.
- Significant discounts, with most cases saving between 50-70% compared to US prices.
- Your local health insurance policy (regardless of where you live in the world) may cover your care in Costa Rica completely. All you have to do is ask your insurance company or www.patientjourneycr.com, and we’ll find out for you.
- What is the significance of this? Your percentage of a deductible for a $50,000 procedure in the United States versus a $15,000 surgery in Costa Rica could be far lower, not to mention co-insurance. Consider a knee replacement.
- You will save a lot of money, and your insurance company will love you (even if they don’t say it). Furthermore, if you work for a self-insured company, your employer may waive your deductible entirely and even cover your airline, accommodation, and local transportation.
- A video is worth a thousand words….watch video
- Costa Rica’s fascinating history:
- On September 15, 1921, a democratic country became an independent republic.
- In 1824, slavery was abolished (the US did it in 1865).
- The army was disbanded in 1948..
The list could go on forever, but for more information, visit www.patientjourneycr.com. We’ve done all the legwork to ensure you have access to high-quality healthcare, a secure location, ease of access, and significant savings. Other medical facilitators exist, but they supply an infinite number of nations, cities inside those countries, healthcare providers within those locations, and so on. By selecting a destination, such as Costa Rica, you may narrow your search to an area that can satisfy your needs without the hassle of attempting to select a country and a provider. Even better, you will be able to speak with the medical specialist who will handle your need(s), rather than a medical assistant or an intermediary.
It is also critical to consider safeguarding against the inherent dangers of any medical procedure. It is important to note that we are discussing the hazards of any medical operation, not the risks of medical tourism. What is the significance of this distinction? Because these hazards remain regardless of where your desired medical procedure is conducted, including right in your own backyard.We’ve all heard stories about things going wrong locally or while traveling for care. This is why Patient Journey is happy to have partnered with Global Protective Solutions (GPS) to provide every medical traveler with Complications Coverage. This is not an option for you in your own country. So, for self-insured or elective self-pay operations, this Peace of Mind is not available locally.
We welcome you to make your own study on Costa Rica, an excellent medical tourism destination. And, of course, we invite you to visit our website, which provides a wealth of information if you wish to take advantage of all that Costa Rica has to offer the globe.
You might also be interested in: Top Medical Tourism Destinations in South and Central America